SLIET SET 2023: Seat Allotment, Counselling, Results
SLIET SET 2023 Application Form can be filled out online on the official website sliet.ac.in. The candidates who successfully filled out and submit the application form can download their online admit card from the official website. SLIET SET 2023 will be conducted mostly in the month of June. SLIET SET 2023 Exam includes objective-type multiple-choice questions for 150 marks. SET III is the examination conducted for BTech lateral entry. SET III exam is conducted for two and half hours.
SLIET SET 2023 counselling process will be conducted to provide admissions to the candidates who have qualified the entrance examination. SLIET SET 2023 result was declared few days after the exam. The scores and ranks obtained in the examination have been announced through the SLIET SET result 2023. The authorities conducted SLIET SET 2023 as a pen-and-paper-based test. Read to know more about SLIET SET 2023.
SLIET SET 2023 @ sliet.ac.in
New Update on 18-03-2023: SLIET SET 2023 – The university-level Common entrance test is called SLIET SET 2023. For admission to BE Lateral Entry, PhD, M.Tech, and M.Sc. programmes in SLIET, the SLIET SET exam is administered by SLIET. In the near future, the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) will provide information on the SLIET SET exam date and application form for 2023. Sliet.ac.in is its official website. Get the most recent information on registration, admission cards, answer keys, and results here, as well as the SLIET SET syllabus, question papers, and exam pattern.
Check Here – SLIET SET 2023
SLIET SET 2023 – Overview
|SLIET SET 2023 – Particualrs||SLIET SET 2023 – Details|
|Organization Name||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET)|
|Exam Name||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology State Eligibility Test (SLIET SET) 2023|
|Starting Date To Apply||To be Released|
|Courses offered||To provide admissions into courses like ICD (Integrated Certificate Diploma), B.E, B.E (Lateral entry), M. Tech, MBA, M. Sc, Ph.D|
|Level of Examination||University Level Entrance Exam|
SLIET SET 2023 – Dates
|Release of notification||To be Released|
|Release of SLIET SET 2023 application form||20 Mar 2023|
|Last date to apply online at sliet.ac.in||15 May 2023|
|SLIET SET 2023 admit card release date||To be Released|
|SLIET SET 2023 Exam Date||To be Released|
|Release of official answer key||To be Released|
|SLIET SET 2023 result announcement||To be Released|
How Do I Register For The SLIET SET 2023 Exam?
- Visit the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology’s official website at sliet.ac.in.
- Navigate to the home page.
- There, click on the SLIET SET 2023 Registration link.
- Now, proceed by clicking on New Registration.
- Read the instructions carefully before clicking next and agreeing.
- Fill out the form with the information requested.
- Upload scanned documents such as a passport-size photo and signature.
- If a payment is required, make it.
- Finally, press the submit button.
- Take a printout of that form for future reference.
SLIET SET 2023 M.Tech. Programme Application Form
- Visit the official website i.e. sliet.ac.in.
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submit of form. The same will be sent through SMS on the given mobile number.
- General & Other Categories (Boys): Rs 1750/-
- General & Other Categories (Girls): Rs 1250/-
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls): Rs. 1000/-
Who is eligible to apply for SLIET SET 2023?
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria for SLIET SET 2023 before applying for an entrance exam. If the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria, then he/she will be eliminated from the admission process by the conducting body, which informs the management.
- For Integrated Certificate Diploma Programmes (ICS)
- Candidates should have passed 10th from a recognized institution with English, Mathematics and Science as core subjects.
For lateral entry-ICD
- Candidates who are willing to join lateral entry-ICD should complete 2 years long ITI or equivalent in the same discipline with 50% aggregate marks (for reserved category 45% mark is enough) from a recognized institution.
- For 4year long BE programmes
- To get admission to 4year long BE programmes, the candidate should qualify with JEE Main. Only the candidates who secured good marks in JEE Main are eligible to get admission in BE.
For lateral entry-BE
- Candidates should have qualified with diploma programmes from any institute affiliated with State Board Education. They should approve the All India Council for Technical Education with 55% aggregate marks (for reserved category, 50% mark is enough).
- Candidates who are pursuing the final year can also apply.
For M.Tech programmes
- Candidates should complete BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc in Engineering from a recognized institution in the same discipline with 60% aggregate marks (for reserved category, 55% mark is enough).
- Candidates who have qualified with Institution of Engineering (India) Section B in the same discipline can also apply.
- Candidates who have 3years experience in any reputed organisation with grade IETE can also apply.
- M. Tech. (Manufacturing Systems Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Welding and Fabrication): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering /Welding Technology / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology): Candidate should have B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Engineering / Agricultural & Food Engineering/Food Processing & Preservation/Food Processing Engineering/Food Processing Technology or equivalent*.
- M. Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation & Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Chemical Engineering): Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/Chemical Engineering (Plastic and Polymer)/Chemical and Polymer Engineering/ Chemical & Alcohol Technology/ Chemical and Bio-Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent Degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Science and Information Technology/ Computer Science and System Engineering/ Computer Engineering & Applications.
For MBA programmes
- Candidates should complete BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ B.Com or candidates from Mathematics, Economics department with55% aggregate marks (for reserved category 50% mark is enough) from a recognized institution.
- Candidates who have qualified with master programmes in any discipline with 55% aggregate marks (for reserved category, 50% mark is enough) from a recognized institution can also apply.
- Candidates who have a complete master degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science and Humanities/ Management studies with 55% aggregate marks (for reserved category, 50% mark is enough) can apply.
- Candidates willing to do research programmes in Computer Science will not be allowed with an MCA Degree.
SLIET SET 2023 M.Tech. Programme Admission Procedure
- Preference will be given to the candidates having valid GATE score.
- If seats still remain vacant the candidates appeared in the SET will be considered as per merit.
- Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels.
- The fee for SC category candidates of Punjab State shall be charged as applicable under Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship scheme (PMS) of Punjab Government (or any other latest guidelines from Govt. of Punjab) subject to submission of relevant documents.
What is the application process for SLIET SET 2023?
- SLIET SET Application Form 2023 will be available on the official portal. Candidates who are willing to participate in the SLIET SET 2023 events can fill the application form. The application form will be available only online. To fill the application form for SLIET SET 2023, candidates need to register themselves at the official web portal by entering all the required details. After successful registration, candidates can log in to the portal and pay the application fee as prescribed by the management.
- Candidates are instructed to check the eligible criteria for SLIET SET 2023 while applying. Candidates are also advised to enter the correct details in the application form to avoid rejection. Candidates should save their application number generated while applying for SLIET SET 2023 for future reference.
When will the SLIET SET 2023 be held?
SLIET SET Exam 2023 will be conducted in June 2023. Candidates who successfully filled the SLIET SET Application form 2023 and make a payment as prescribed by the Institution only eligible to attend the SLIET SET Exam 2023. Candidates who entered the wrong information in the SLIET SET Application form 2023 will not receive the SLIET SET Admit card 2023. Those candidates are not allowed to attend the SLIET SET Exam 2023. The exact date of the SLIET SET Exam 2023 will be declared hereafter Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology’s official announcement.
When will the SLIET SET 2023 Admit card be released?
SLIET SET admit card 2023 will be released in June 2023 by the concerned authority. SLIET SET admit card 2023 is a mandatory document that candidates should carry into their examination hall. Candidates without a valid admit card are strictly restricted. Candidates who successfully applied for SLIET SET admit card 2023 can download their Admit card from the official website. Candidates should submit the correct details in the application form and make a payment as prescribed by the authority to receive the SLIET SET admit card 2023. Any tampering or damages in the admit card may disqualify the candidature.
When will the SLIET SET 2023 be announced?
SLIET SET Result 2023 will be declared after the completion of the entrance exam. Based on marks obtained in the SLIET SET Result 2023 will be prepared. Candidates who appeared for the SLIET SET exam 2023 can check their result from the official web portal. Candidates can download their result by login into the portal using their SLIET SET 2023 application number. The details available on the SLIET SET Result 2023 page are the candidate’s name, merit list, score card, and marks obtained in each subject. SLIET SET Result 2023 will get displayed in the form of merit list.
How is the SLIET SET 2023 counseling done?
- Candidates who successfully completed their SLIET SET 2023 will be called for counseling. SLIET SET counselling 2023 consists of three rounds. The counseling process is explained below for reference:
- Document verification: On SLIET SET counseling 2023, the candidate’s documents are verified. Candidates should submit their original certificates along with the photocopy for verification. Candidates should carry their SLIET SET admit card 2023 and scorecard for counselling.
- Personal Interview: SLIET SET 2023 conducts a personal interview for the candidates who successfully completed their document verification. In this phase candidates, personal and education details are verified.
- Group Discussion: This is the last phase that candidates should clear to get admission in SLIET SET 2023. Here the candidate’s ability, knowledge, power and communication are verified by the management. The candidate who successfully passed all these phases can get admission in Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology.
Application Fee for SLIET SET 2023
Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, or e-challan can be used to pay the SLIET SET 2023 Application Fee. The following are the fee details broken down by category.
|General & Other Categories (Boys)||1750|
|SC / ST & Girls||1250|
Extent of Reservation:
The extent of the reservation will be as under
|For Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|For Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|For Physically Handicapped (PH)||3% (within respective category including General Category)|
|For Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
- NRI/Foreign Nationals will also be given admission under the DASA scheme for a fewer number of seats available in the UG/PG programmes.
- There is no provision for a vertical promotion system for candidates seeking admission under the NRI Category.
- Candidates seeking admissions in the 2nd year of the ICD programme under the vertical promotion scheme of the institute through SET-IA will also not be considered for promotion to the higher module.
Rules for operating reservation
- The candidates qualifying examination from the Schools/Institutes within the state of Punjab (excluding Chandigarh) are all eligible for reservation under the Punjab State Category admissions.
- All the other candidates will be eligible to claim reservations for Other States (including Chandigarh), for admission to 3 years ICD Programmes.
- The candidates qualifying examination from National Open School or as private candidates will be eligible to claim territorial quota on the basis of their domicile.
- Seats remaining vacant in the OBC category will be offered to the general category, as instructed by the Govt. of India.
- In case of seats remaining vacant in the ICD programme under the territorial quota of Punjab shall be transferred to the Other State quota category and vice versa.
Eligibility for SC/ST Reservation:
- For applying to avail reservation under SC/ST category, the candidates will be required to submit adequate proof/certificate, issued by the competent authority as may be prescribed from time to time in evidence of his/her belonging to a respective category.
Eligibility for OBC Reservation:
- The candidates seeking admissions under the OBC category shall require to submit adequate proof/certificate, issued by the competent authority as prescribed from time to time in evidence of them not belonging to the creamy layer.
- The criteria of the creamy layer will be applied as prescribed by the Government of India.
- Director, SLIET reserves the right to transfer the unfilled seats of one quota/category to another quota/category as per existing rules.
SLIET SET 2023 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who will conduct SLIET SET 2023?
A. SLIET SET 2023 will be conducted by Sant Longowal Institute of Science & Technology.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to appear for the SLIET SET 2023 exam?
A. The basic eligibility criteria for SLIET SET 2023 is the 12th standard qualification with PCM.
Q. When will SLIET SET 2023 application form be released?
A. SLIET SET 2023 application form will be released soon
Q. What preparation strategy is to be followed to get a good rank in the SLIET SET 2023 exam?
A. Candidates can collect the data related to the preparation strategy and can gather all the information related to syllabus, exam patterns and guidelines. Candidates can start by solving the previous year’s question papers and check them with the answer keys and can also practice mock tests.
Q. Will there be negative marking in SLIET SET 2023?
A. More than one answer indicated against a question will be considered as an incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
Q. When will SLIET SET 2023 be held?
A. SLIET SET 2023 will be held in July.
Q. What will be the duration for the SLIET SET 2023?
A. The duration of the SLIET SET 2023 exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Q. Will SLIET SET 2023 be conducted offline or online?
A. SLIET SET 2023 will be held in offline mode and OMR Answer Sheet will be provided at the time of examination.
Q. When will SLIET SET 2023 result be announced?
A. SLIET SET 2023 result has been announced in July.
Q. When is the counselling done for SLIET SET 2023?
A. SLIET SET 2023 counselling will commence in July.
Q. How will candidates be selected for SLIET SET 2023 admissions?
A. Candidates will be selected for SLIET SET 2023 admissions as per their merit, preferences and seat availability.