Salman Khan Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Family, Net Worth, Affairs
Salman Khan is an Indian film actor, producer, singer and television personality. He was born on December 27, 1965 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. He is one of the most popular and highest paid actors in the Indian film industry.
Salman Khan started his acting career with a small role in the film Biwi Ho To Aisi in 1988. He gained widespread recognition with his lead role in the film Maine Pyar Kiya in 1989. He has since appeared in numerous commercially successful films, including Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!, Karan Arjun, Judwaa, Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Tere Naam, Wanted, Dabangg, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, and Sultan.
Apart from acting, Salman Khan is also known for his philanthropic work through his charity foundation “Being Human”. He has also hosted several seasons of the Indian version of the television reality show Big Brother, known as Bigg Boss.
As of 2023, Salman Khan’s net worth is estimated to be around $360 million (USD).
|Full Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 174 cm|
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches|
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 17 Inches
|Debut||Film (Actor): Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988)|
TV (Host): 10 Ka Dum (2008)
1990: Best Male Debut for Maine Pyaar Kiya
1999: Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
National Film Awards
2012: Best Children’s Film for Chillar Party
2016: Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
2008: Rajiv Gandhi Award for Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment
2013: Lions Favorite Philanthropic NGO in India for Being Human
2014: Times Celebex Awards – Star of the Year
2016: Times Of India Film Award For Best Actor for Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Date of Birth||27 December 1965|
|Age (as of 2022)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra (he spent his childhood at 21, Palasia in Indore & Gwalior) |
|School(s)||• Scindia School, Gwalior|
• St. Stanislaus High School, Mumbai
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Religion||Islam (He identifies himself as both Hindu and Muslim; he says “I’m Hindu and Muslim both. I’m Bharatiya. My father is Muslim and my mother is Hindu.”)|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (mainly Pathan) [|
|Address||Galaxy Apartments, Bandstand, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Swimming , Cycling , Painting , Writing|
|Controversies||• Blackbuck hunting case (1999): Salman & his co-stars of Hum Saath Saath Hain were accused of hunting blackbuck deer & chinkara (endangered animals) while shooting for the film in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.|
On 5 April 2018, he was found guilty in the Blackbuck Killing Case and was sentenced to 5 years by the Jodhpur Court; Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri pronounced the verdict. He was charged under Section 51 of Wildlife (Protection) Act. The Jodhpur Court gave benefit of doubt to “Hum Saath Saath Hain” co-stars, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam, and Sonali Bendre.
On 8 April 2018, he was granted a bail by the Jodhpur Sessions court; after spending two nights in Jodhpur jail.
• Hit-and-run case (2002): Salman drove his car over the people sleeping on the pavement outside a bakery at night. One person was killed, while three persons were injured in this accident.
• His relationship with Aishwarya Rai (2002): Aishwarya’s parents lodged a complaint against him for harassing their daughter. Later, he denied all the allegations imposed on him.
• Fight with Shah Rukh Khan (2008): Salman & Shah Rukh fought at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party.
• Derogatory word at public place: In December 2017, an FIR was lodged against him and Shilpa Shetty at Andheri Police station, Mumbai by Navin Ramchandra Lade, General Secretary of the Rojgar Aghari Republican Party of India for allegedly using the word “bhangi” at a public place, which hurt the sentiments of the Scheduled Caste community.
• Promoting nepotism: He faced the backlash on social media for promoting nepotism in Bollywood and trying to establish monopoly in the industry. The actor was among the few in the industry who faced the jibe of various outsiders in the industry, Including Abhinav Kashyap, Sonu Nigam, and Sona Mohapatra. These accusations came after Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide on 14 June 2020.
• Harvey Weinstein of Bollywood: In March 2022, his ex-girlfriend Somy Ali shared a post on social media in which she termed Salman Khan as the ‘Harvey Weinstein of Bollywood.’ In the post, Somy wrote, “The Harvey Weinstein of Bollywood! You will be exposed. The women you abused will come out one day and share their truth. Just like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.” In November 2022, Somy Ali shared a post on social media in which she made serious allegations against Salman Khan including domestic abuse and sodomy. In the post, she wrote, “More to come! Ban my show in India then threaten me with a lawsuit, you coward piece of shit. Screw your lawyer! I have 50 lawyers here to protect me from the cigarette burns, the physical abuse and the sodomy which you put me through and it lasted for years… So go f*ckkkk yourself. You male chauvinistic pig. And shame on all the female actors who support this guy who has beaten several women.” However, she later deleted the post.
• Misbehaviour with a journalist: In April 2022, Salman Khan approached the Bombay High Court, where he challenged the process (summons) issued to him by a lower court in connection with the alleged misbehaviour with a journalist in 2019. In his complaint Journalist Ashok Pandey accused the actor of snatching his mobile phone while he was cycling on a Mumbai street. Pandey alleged that the actor did show after some media persons started clicking his photos, and the actor entered into an argument and threatened him.
• Death threats from Lawrence Bishnoi gang: Reportedly, the Lawrence Bishnoi gang has tried to kill the actor multiple times as they want to punish the actor for hunting blackbuck deer & chinkara (endangered animals). According to sources, in June 2022, while the murder of Sidhu Moose Wala was being investigated, the actor was nearly killed by a sharpshooter outside his home. Reportedly, Lawrence Bishnoi planned to kill Salman Khan when he goes on his bicycle ride in the morning during which the actor doesn’t keep any security personnel with him; however, the plan was aborted as on D-Day, when the sharpshooters were about to carry out their plan, an escort of Mumbai Police engaged with the actor when he was about to leave.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sangeeta Bijlani (actress) |
• Somy Ali (actress)
• Aishwarya Rai (actress; 1999-2002)
• Katrina Kaif (actress; 2003-2010)
• Faria Alam (Former Model & Football Association Secretary; 1996)
• Iulia Vantur (actress; 2016)
|Parents||Father– Salim Khan (Screenwriter)|
Mother– Sushila Charak (birth name)
Stepmother– Helen (actor)
• Sohail Khan (younger)
• Arbaaz Khan (younger)
• Alvira (younger)
• Arpita (younger)
|Food||Chinese food, Spicy Italian food, Pav Bhaji, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Kebab|
home-cooked food, ‘Mixture’ (all the leftovers from various food items and mixes them before eating)
Apart from those, he loves biryani and kebabs and other Mughlai and North-Indian delicacies
|Actor(s)||Hollywood: Sylvester Stallone |
Bollywood: Dilip Kumar, Govinda
|Singer(s)||Sunidhi Chauhan and Sonu Nigam|
|Restaurant||China Garden, Mumbai|
|Colour(s)||Black, White, Grey|
|Dessert||Sitaphal ice cream|
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Imran Khan, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Ashish Nehra|
|Song||‘Jab Hum Jawan’ by Shabbir Kumar|
|Car(s)||BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Outfit(s)||Tight jeans & T-Shirts|
|Fashion Brand(s)||Giorgio Armani and Gianni Versace|
|Film Director||Sooraj Barjatya|
|Cars Collection||• Lexus LX 470,|
• Mercedes Benz GL-Class,
• BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue,
• BMW X6
• Audi R8,
• Audi Q7,
• W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class
• A bulletproof Nissan Patrol SUV (Reportedly, he bought this car after he received a threatening letter from gangster Lawrence Bishnoi’s aide Goldy Brar.)
|Bikes Collection||Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition motorbike, Suzuki Hayabusa [|
|Assets/Properties||150-acre plot in Panvel which is having 3 bungalows, swimming pool and his own gym |
|Salary (approx.)||$8.61 million (INR 60 crore/film)|
|Income (as of 2018)||$33.95 (INR 253.25 crore/annum) |
Note: Reportedly, he earns Rs 1.01 crores every day.
|Net Worth ||Rs. 2900 crores (as of December 2022)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salman Khan
- He is the eldest son of Salim Khan (a screenwriter) and Sushil Charak. Her mother, later, adopted the name, Salma Khan.
- He grew up along with his brothers Arbaaz Khan and Sohail Khan in Bandra, Mumbai.Salman Khan In His Childhood With His Siblings
- Since his childhood, he was a great swimmer. Salman Khan Swimming
- In the 1988 film, Biwi Ho To Aisi, Salman’s voice was dubbed by a dubbing artist.
- His first leading breakthrough role in Bollywood came with Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was one of India’s highest grossing films at that time. Moreover, this was his first film with Reema Lagoo too, which later made their pair very much famous as mother and son. Salman Khan In Maine Pyaar Kiya
- He rejected the negative lead role offered to him by Abbas-Mustan in his film- Baazigar, which later went t Shah Rukh Khan; the film went on to become a blockbuster.
- Salman believes in lucky gemstones and wears his turquoise stone bracelet on and off the screen. Moreover, his father also believes the same.Salman Khan Bracelet
- He is obsessed with soaps and his bathroom is heaped up with a variety of soaps, but he especially likes natural fruit and vegetable extracts cleansers. Salman Khan’s Love For Soap
- During the shoot of London Dreams, he flew his own cook to London from Mumbai to cook up biryani for the entire cast and crew who were tired of eating continental food.
- In August 2011, he disclosed that he had trigeminal neuralgia, a chronic pain condition affecting the trigeminal nerve in the face, also commonly known as “suicide disease.” During an interview, he told that he had been suffering from it for the past seven years and it had made his voice much harsher.
- In 2012, Salman’s wax statue was established at Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England.Salman Khan With His Wax Statue
- Apart from his incredible contributions to the film industry, he owns a charitable organisation named “Being Human Foundation, which focuses on health care and education. All the profit generated from the sale of the watches he design, Being Human T-shirts, and his paintings, go to the foundation. Salman Khan’s Being Human Foundation
- While filming for Tiger Zinda Hai, in a scene where Tiger is painting Zoya, was the actual artwork of Salman, as he painted the picture while the crew was busy with the arrangements.
- His father wanted him to become a cricketer, but he aspired to be a writer and has also written films like Veer and Chandramukhi. Moreover, the storyline of the film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love was based on Salman’s idea for which he was also given credit in the film.
- Salman and Vivek Oberoi had a long fight over the phone when Aishwarya & Vivek were in a relationship after Salman & Aishwarya broke up. Here’s a video in which Vivek recited the whole incidence in front of media:
- In 2014, he launched his second production company with the name- Salman Khan Films (earlier, Salman Khan Being Human Productions) and the first movie to be released under his company SKF was “Dr Cabbie,” which was a Canadian movie that became the second highest grossing film in Canada.]Salman Khan Films
- Salman ranked ahead of the US President Barack Obama on the list of “The Most Admired Personalities of India” in 2015.
- In 2016, his film, Sultan was the 10th film to enter the 100 crore club.
- During his shoot for Ek Tha Tiger in Turkey, he frequently visited a cafe del mar named “The Salman Khan.” It was also his first movie with Yash Raj Films.]Salman Khan Restaurant In Turkey
- Besides being an actor, he is also a very passionate painter, and Aamir Khan has many of his paintings at his home. Reportedly, he himself painted the poster for his film Jai Ho. Jai Ho Poster By Salman Khan
- In 2017, Salman Khan and the local residents of the Galaxy Apartments, where Khan and his family reside, raised a stink over Bandstand toilet being built by the BMC; citing the reason that they don’t want toilets in areas frequented by walkers and joggers, fearing the unhygienic conditions. Salman Khan And Bandstand Toilet Row
- Salman doesn’t have an email-id in his name; as he prefers communicating face-to-face, or verbally on phone rather than electronically via e-mails.
- One of his fans has opened a restaurant named “Bhaijaanz” in Mumbai in which the interiors are decorated with Salman Khan’s posters, and all his favourite dishes are on the menu. Bhaijaanz Restaurant In Mumbai
- His hosting skills in the Bigg Boss-Season 4 was a big commercial success, which, reportedly, even outdid the Amitabh Bachchan‘s hosting in Bigg Boss 3. After his successful journey of season 4, he hosted all the other seasons of Bigg Boss series.
- He has also given his voice to the animated character Hanuman in the 2017 film- Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar.
- His phenomenal performance in ‘Dabangg’ made him popular by his character’s name- Chulbul Pandey.
- He has two pet horses named ‘Bajrangi’ and ‘Bhaijaan’ and also two dogs named ‘My Son’ and ‘My Jaan.’
- In 2018, actress Shilpa Shetty shared a photo of Salman Khan; kissing Shilpa’s mother. The actress went on to reveal that Khan has a strong bonding with her family, and he used to share drinks with her father. Salman Khan Kissing Shilpa Shetty’s Mother
- In January 2019, when Salman Khan, along with his father and brothers, appeared on The Kapil Sharma Show, where his father revealed that Salman used to get leaked papers to clear his exams.
- In September 2022, Tiger Shroff‘s mother, Ayesha Shroff, shared a throwback video on social media, featuring Salman Khan. The video is of a soft drink commercial, and it is reported to be Salman’s first ad shoot that dates back to 1983.
- Salman is known for his smoking habits. Although it was often reported that he had quit smoking, every time he resumed the habit after giving this evil habit a break. Reportedly, the actor avoids smoking in public, and he prefers to light a cigarette or two backstage when no one is around.
- Just like his smoking habit, the actor has played hide-and-seek with his habit of consuming alcoholic beverages. According to his father, Salim Khan, at one point in time, Salman had stopped consuming alcohol on doctors’ advice; however, the actor is believed to have resumed this habit.
Salman Khan Images
- Priyanka Mohan (Indian actress) Age, Bio, Career, Family, Height, Images, Net-Worth, Movie, & More
- Annu Antony (Indian actress) Age, Bio, Career, Family, Height, Images, Net-Worth, Movie, & More
- Anu Emmanuel (American actress) Age, Bio, Career, Family, Height, Images, Net-Worth, Movie, & More
- Yulianna Karaulova (Russian singer) Age, Bio, Career, Family, Height, Images, Net-Worth, Movie, & More
- Regina Todorenko (Ukrainian singer) Age, Bio, Career, Family, Height, Images, Net-Worth, Movie, & More
|1988||Biwi Ho To Aisi||Vicky|
|1991||Sanam Bewafa||Salman Khan|
|1994||Hum Aapke Hai Koun||Prem|
|1995||Karan Arjun||Ajay/ karan|
|1997||Judwaa||Prem / raja|
|2003||Tere Naam||Radhe Mohan|
|2019||Dabangg 3||Chulbul Pandey|
|2021||Antim: The Final Truth||—|