World Dance Day 2023 observed on 29th April
International Dance Day 2023: The day is celebrated with the aim of marking the importance and value of the art form “dance”. Here is all you need to know about the day.
International Dance Day is celebrated on April 29 every year across the globe. Dancing brings happiness to people’s lives. Dancers use it as a mantra to express their talent, while non-dancers use it as an expression of their worries. Those interested in pursuing dance as a career can take advantage of this day.
In celebration of the importance and value of the art form “dance”, this day serves as a wake-up call to governments, politicians, and institutions that have not yet recognized its value to the people and individuals or have not yet realised its economic potential.
INTERNATIONAL DANCE DAY HISTORY:
International Dance Day was created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute ITI, the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO. Since its creation in 1982, the International Dance Committee and the International Theatre Institute ITI select an outstanding dance personality each year.
INTERNATIONAL DANCE DAY 2023: CELEBRATION
Every year, the dancers and the dancing communities throughout the world celebrate this day and make people aware of different styles of it.
The International Theatre Institute ITI announced that, with celebrations in various forms in different dance communities all over the world, the International Dance Day 2023 main celebration will happen from 24 to 30 April in Shanghai. This event is co-organized by ITI, Shanghai Theatre Academy, and the China Dance Association.
INSPIRATIONAL DANCE QUOTES
- Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals–Charles Baudelaire
- Any kind of dancing is better than no dancing at all. -Lynda Barr
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul. -Martha Graham
- We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, and we create the dreams. -Albert Einstein
- Dance is an art that imprints on the soul. It is with you every moment, it expresses itself in everything you do–Shirley MacLaine
- When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you. -Paulo Coelho
- Dancers are the athletes of God. -Albert Einstien
- The dance is a poem in which each movement is a word–Mata Hari.
- Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most beautiful of the arts because it is no mere translation or abstraction from life; it is life itself–Havelock Ellis
World Dance Day-History
The Dance Committee of International Theatre Institute established International Dance Day in 1982 to be celebrated on April 29th annually, which marks the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre, the innovator of contemporary ballet. The primary objective of the International Dance Day Message is to recognize and appreciate dance as an art form, recognizing its universal appeal and its potential to unite individuals across political, cultural, and ethnic boundaries through dance. The day is now celebrated annually in more than 200 countries worldwide, with dance performances, workshops, and events intended to showcase the beauty and diversity of dance.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- International Theatre Institute Headquarters: Paris, France
- International Theatre Institute Founded: 1948