Amritpal Singh Arrested: अमृतपाल सिंह को गिरफ्तार कर ले जाया गया असम, सीएम मान बोले- पूरी रात नहीं सो पाया, कांग्रेस ने उठाए सवाल | 10 बड़ी बातें
Amritpal Singh Police Custody: Punjab Police has arrested absconding Khalistan supporter Amritpal Singh since March 18. The CM of Punjab thanked the people of the state for maintaining peace.
Amritpal Singh Arrested: Punjab Police arrested Chief of Waris Punjab De and radical preacher Amritpal Singh on Sunday (April 23). Khalistan supporter absconding for more than a month was arrested from Rode village in Moga district of Punjab. After the attack on Ajnala police station, the police took action against Amritpal Singh and the members of his organization on March 18. Since then Amritpal was absconding. Know the big things related to the matter.
- Khalistan supporter and ‘Waris Punjab De’ chief Amritpal Singh was taken to Dibrugarh in Assam in a special plane after his arrest. Amritpal will be kept in the Central Jail of Dibrugarh.
- A total of 10 accused are now lodged in Dibrugarh Jail in this case. All have been arrested under the National Security Act (NSA). Apart from Amritpal Singh, these accused include Papalpreet Singh, Daljit Kalsi, Basant Singh, Gurmeet Singh Bhukhanwala, Bhagwant Singh, Harjeet Singh, Kulwant Singh Dhaliwal, Gurinder Pal Singh and Varinder Singh.
- On the arrest of Amritpal Singh, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann said that today Amritpal Singh has been arrested after 35 days. Those who try to break the peace and law of the country, only legal action will be taken against them. I thank the 3.5 crore people of Punjab that they did not allow peace to be disturbed.
- Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann said that the complete information had come to me last night. I could not sleep whole night. I was taking information every 15-30 minutes as I did not want any law and order situation to arise. Delhi’s CM and AAP’s national convenor Arvind Kejriwal said that we are committed to the peace and security of Punjab. We are also ready to take tough decisions for this.
- IGP Sukhchain Singh Gill told that NSA warrants were issued against Amritpal Singh, after which he was arrested under NSA. During this entire operation, the people of Punjab maintained peace and law and order, for which we thank them. We arrested him at 6:45 in the morning by running the operation. He said that the policemen had surrounded him from all sides, leaving no scope for his escape.
- He said that we had specific information in which we knew that he was present in the Gurudwara of Rode village. Keeping the dignity of Gurudwara Sahib, we arrested him. To maintain the sanctity of the Gurdwara, did not enter it. After arresting him, he was sent to Dibrugarh Jail in Assam. The IGP said that law and order, communal harmony is maintained in Punjab and there is no apprehension of any untoward incident. Tell that, terrorist Jarnail Singh was from Bhindranwale Rode village. Amritpal Singh was appointed as the chief of Waris Punjab De in a program organized in this village last year.
- Punjab Police tweeted that people should maintain peace and harmony and do not share any fake news. Police also took out a flag march in Bathinda city. SP of Bathinda told that earlier also we have been taking out flag march. The situation is normal and peaceful. Police is committed to maintaining law and order. We are reaching every corner of the city.
- Amritpal Singh’s father Tarsem Singh said that we came to know through TV that Amritpal has surrendered. We feel proud that he surrendered as a Sikh. We will fight the case because he was working for the community. He was working against drugs, was working to save people. The government is defaming the youth who was saving them. The government is eliminating the drug addicts. Amritpal Singh’s mother Balwinder Kaur said that she is proud of her son as he is a lion and he surrendered like a warrior.
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur said that how long can a fugitive run away? The law is powerful. Strict action should be taken against those who spread terror and fear. It took some time for Punjab to catch him, if it had happened sooner it would have been even better. On the other hand, Congress MP Randeep Surjewala said who helped Amritpal Singh, an anti-India campaigner and supporter of terrorists, to escape in the first place.
- Saurabh Bhardwaj, a minister in the Delhi government, said that Punjab has old problems since a long time. Punjab is a sensitive state, if there is apprehension of disturbances in such a state, the government takes care of it very seriously. I am happy that he (Amritpal Singh) has been arrested. Best wishes to Punjab Police. No one in Punjab wants the condition of Punjab to deteriorate. No one there wants the old days of Punjab to come back, so all the people rose above their caste and religion and supported the Punjab government. We are very thankful to all those people.